Saturday, Jul 13, 2024
mobile (706) 207-0927
Go Back
Terry College of Business 2
The University of Georgia

Terry College of Business

Completed in 1928, this balanced, classical structure was designed by noted architect Neel Reid and originally known as the Commerce-Journalism Building. Now home to the Terry College of Business, the building was renamed in 1974 as a tribute to Robert Preston Brooks, the University's first Rhodes Scholar and the business school's first dean, who served from 1920 to 1945. A three-story annex was added in 1972 to accommodate the college's growth in enrollment and faculty. The original structure was seriously damaged by fire in 1995 and restored a year later. Brooks Hall is at the center of the Terry College's footprint on UGA's historic North Campus, between Sanford Hall and Caldwell Hall.