Saturday, Jul 13, 2024
mobile (706) 207-0927
Go Back
Terry College of Business
The University of Georgia

Terry College of Business

Completed in 1928, this balanced, classical structure was designed by noted architect Neel Reid and originally known as the Commerce-Journalism Building. Now home to the Terry College of Business, the building was renamed in 1974 as a tribute to Robert Preston Brooks, the University's first Rhodes Scholar and the business school's first dean, who served from 1920 to 1945. A three-story annex was added in 1972 to accommodate the college's growth in enrollment and faculty. The original structure was seriously damaged by fire in 1995 and restored a year later. Brooks Hall is at the center of the Terry College's footprint on UGA's historic North Campus, between Sanford Hall and Caldwell Hall.